If you have a product idea and you want to share your innovation to the world, Indian eCommerce major Snapdeal offers you an ideal launchpad. Snapdeal Launchpad provides a platform for individuals/companies to share their latest innovation, and the best ones get to leverage Snapdeal’s brand and reach for making their innovation a commercial success.
Snapdeal helps you in getting more visibility through the promotions over their channels which has a nation wide reach. Snapdeal’s team will do the initial level of screening for all entries. All short-listed entries will be listed in a catalog, from where customers can purchase the products. Customers will choose the winning entry through a public voting. The winning innovation will get superior visibility and will be promoted across all channels including media and site wide promotions.
Launchpad will help you reach 25 million Snapdeal customers which spreads across 5000 cities all over India. Also they will help you in distribution and marketing of your product, if selected.
With Snapdeal Launchpad,
- A catalog of all eligible products will be created. This catalog will have the products listed with their images and prices mentioned
- Products will be arranged by their product category. Indexing on this page will be valid for 3 months from the date of listing.
- Customers can click on each product to read detailed description. Entrepreneurs can upload videos/images of their product on this page
- If a customer likes the product, they can purchase it by paying online or by cash-on-delivery
- This catalog will be promoted on the homepage of Snapdeal.com once every 2 weeks.
- A link to this catalog will also be promoted through newsletters once every 2 weeks
- Snapdeal will do PR communication for the catalog once every 3 months. Top performing innovations will be given special mention and testimonials taken from innovators will be published
- Snapdeal will also share testimonials of these innovators on its social media network (Facebook/Twitter)
- Best innovation of the quarter will be listed as Deal of the Day.
Apart from this, products will be listed permanently on the respective category.
The launchpad is open to all who has a registered business. They don’t charge you for marketing or listing your innovation. Snapdeal provides you with the latest analytics report so that you are not out of stock at any time during the listing.
Snapdeal.com has partnered with IIT Bombay Entrepreneurship Cell and IIM Ahmedabad Centre for Innovation, Incubation & Entrepreneurship for launchpad.
What’s in it for Snapdeal?
Snapdeal.com, head quartered in New Delhi was started by Kunal Bahl, a Wharton graduate and Rohit Bansal, an IIT Delhi alumnus in February 2010. Snapdeal currently has 20 million active users and over 2000 employees. Snapdeal.com is one of the largest and first online market places in India. They are funded by investors like eBay, Nexus Venture Partners, Blackrock, Temasek Holdings, PremjiInvest and others.
Along with its success, launchpad is a way for Snapdeal.com to give back to the community. Through Launchpad, Snapdeal.com provides young entrepreneurs and product innovators/inventors a chance to showcase their product ideas and helping them to get more visibility. Thereby creating more opportunities for product developments as well as contributing to the entire eCommerce ecosystem.
Sources and Image References: Snapdeal Launchpad